Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Cross Community Projects!

It gives me great pleasure when I get the opportunity
to encourage my students to be involved in joint musical adventures with other schools.
* * * * *
'Horizon Project'

I recently carried out a Whistle/Bodhran Workshop for a group of teenage school children.

They were a mixed group from the North and the South 
and afterwards, the organisers sent me a very kind thank you letter:

"On behalf of the team at Horizon, I would like to thank you for your wonderful contribution to our Annual Gathering last weekend, in Ballycastle. All of the students who participated in the Traditional Music were thoroughly inspired by the whole session, and it was so encouraging to see their enthusiasm throughout the day, and indeed their keenness to perform in front of their peers. Music is such a great medium to reach out to young people, and I know those students have been touched by the whole experience."
George Simms
Horizon Co-ordinator, 
The Horizon Project (Ireland) LTD
* * * * *   * * * * *   * * * * *
Students and I performing as part of a cross community event

in the Diamond, Coleraine.
* * * * *
Cross Community Concert
Myself and the late Mary Mulholland, on Piano, 
plus John Moulden, on Bodhran, 
playing at a cross community concert in Coleraine Town Hall,
with some of my Fiddle Students.

No comments:

Post a Comment